Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One New Gadget For My Personal Use

I came across a new gadget for which I had been searching for some time: The Universal Wireless Keyboard for PDA and Smart Phone KB-SK6688.
This little foldable keyboard is great. It worked almost out of the box with my Palm T|X. The installation of the PRC file took less than 1 minute and then I was able to use the keyboard with almost all the punctuation signs that I needed/wanted (I type a lot in Spanish).
This keyboard will help me use my Palm T|X a lot more efficiently, since I will not have to use the keystrokes or "punch" the screen with the pilot stylus. The size of the keyboard is big enough as to fit my fingers and the keyboard layout is the standard qwerty layout, so I do not have to learn any new skills to use it.
The weight is also nothing to worry about: The keyboard weighs only a couple of ounces.
The operation of the keyboard depends on a standard 1.5 V AAA battery, so there are no special batteries or power sources needed.
I would recommend it. I tested it on a Palm T|X by just installing the prc file for Palm 5.X, reset the Palm T|X and start working with it. This is maybe the best keyboard I have seen for my Palm T|X. The size maybe a bit bigger than the leather pouch that I have for my Palm, but who cares?
I will have to find the ¿ and the ¡ sign, but I do not worry much about those, at least for now. I will be taking more notes, like "El Día Que La Tierra Perdió Gravedad" and posting them, if I get more time.

Regards,

F. Bobbio C.

No comments:

Post a Comment